Saturday, June 14, 2014

I'm Not Good at Bargaining

So today we went in to the Big City once again! And all by ourselves this time! Souvineer shopping like crazy! I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left in this amazing place! Anyhow, we hit the lunar market at 7am and the pearl market later in the day after teaching English to some locals and I'm dead tired. I apologize for the lack of grammatical accuracy, (is grammatical even a word?) I just need to post 1. Because it's updating my life if anyone out there cares that much, and 2. It's part of our internship (summer staff duties). So you can say it's been a full day! 

Haggling prices for souvineers gave me more anxiety than I've ever felt in my life. I though South Africa was bad, this makes that place look like an amusement park. The shop owners were relentless. They could smell fear. Luckily for me they would just grab my friends who were unmistakably foreign and I could just go quietly about my business. That is, until I opened my mouth...

Oh! I also happened to run into a guy that I graduated high school with today, which has been the weirdest occurance thus far! It's a small world after all... 

It's been awesome how much I've grown closer with my fellow interns/coworkers, and they never fail to put a smile on my face after a long day! It's funny that I've only known them for 3 weeks! (Well that and we live together so we might as well like eachother).

Watch out Beijing, it's not the last you've seen of us! 

I really do apologize for the lack of depth this post seems to have, and I hope to make up for it in photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment